Cataract Falls Covered Bridge
Owen County, Indiana
The Cataract Falls Covered Bridge is a covered bridge that spans Mill Creek in the Lieber State Recreation Area, Owen County, Indiana, United States. Built in 1876 by the Smith Bridge company of Toledo, Ohio, it was at one time one of the most famous and photographed covered bridges in the United States. It is the only remaining one in Owen County.
Since the road bypassed the bridge in 1988, it is only open to pedestrians. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2005.